Sunday, August 1, 2010

~~Visit to Coney Island~~


After going to Queens for one weekend I decided to go to Brooklyn this time. At the far end of Brooklyn lies a picturesque place called as Coney Islands. This place houses the oldest Aquarium founded 1896 which has some exotic varieties of sea animals.There is an amusement park which has one of the oldest roller coasters in America built in 1927 made entirely of wood which makes lots of noise and vibrations making it a different experience.


I looked into the subway map and found that train F goes directly to that place,I took my downtown train an transferred to F.Once on board heard the driver saying that the train is rerouted to Queens,so I had to get down in the middle and transfer to a different train,seems I have mastered in using New york subway.Once I reached the destination I came out of the subway just to note that it was raining and as usual I had left the umbrella at house. Then I waited for Prabu who had to transfer 3 different trains before reaching the place.Since it was raining we decided to explore the aquarium first ,there were lots of fishes few I m seeing for the first time.There was a sea lion show which was wonderfully choreographed.Then went on to see shark,string ray,jelly fish etc.


Once we were done with the aquarium we went to amusement park and only thing we had in mind was to try the roller coaster ride.Prabu made sure we get into the first two seats to make the ride was more exciting.Oh man that felt more like a suicide mission than a ride and being in the first row or wobbly sound and vibration from the wood didn't help me to feel better.Once we were done we decide enough of venturing into anymore rides as none other can match this thrill.


Then we took a stroll in the beach I expected a lot from that place but since weather played a spoil sport had to be contented what is left.After enjoying the cool breeze we decided to leave.On the way back we took the same train and Prabu had to get down at 9th Street station, the driver announced 9th street I told Prabu down and later realised that he had to get down at 4th Av 9th Street station.Poor guy got down at middle of nowhere and it took him 2 hours to go back home!

5 comments:

Sripriya said...

Not only Rollar coaster, all rides are scary for me. Good that you made the ride, I was holding my son's (5 yrs old) when i went him to a theme park.

Sriram, what did you expect from the beach & u r contented with what?

Looks like you cant expect when a train or service will be rerouted or terminated.

Sriram JP said...

What I expected and got contented are obvious :)
NYC train skip stations or reroutes tracks for maintainence during weekends!

sheila said...

nice t-shirt :)....BIG improvement from ur "party wear" dress :))

Sriram JP said...

this is beach wear :))

Siva said...

dude, you've slimmed down a bit~