Monday, August 16, 2010

~~Movies I watched~~

After a long time I stayed back home for the weekend,so I thought I would catch up with movies. I like movies which are based on cities and if you have lived in that city you can easily correlate to it. I watched two movies over the weekend one based on the city I lived and other city I am living in.

Madraspatinam:
It was wonderful to see Chennai in 1940's the landmarks like central station, clean koovam etc, I really liked the heroine of the film.

Adrift in Manhattan:
This movie was taken in Manhattan and revolves around three people who take subway number 1. A old man who is turning blind,a woman who lost her child and a shy 20 year old guy who stalks on that woman. It was set during winter and it gave me a heads up how the city will look then.

Though I wouldn't say I really liked the story of these movies ,setting in the city where I live/lived makes a difference.When I see the train passes through 125th Station it gives a I have been there feel and makes you get involved with.Good time pass all together.

4 comments:

sheila said...

heyy..."weekend engeyum veliye pohale...roomle ukaandhu PADICHITU IRUNTHEN"....hmmmm....engeyo othaikkuthu :))

Sriram JP said...

thats multi tasking movie will be running in the screen and I will be having the book in the hand :)
One stone two mango ;)

KG said...

Man, atlast your kadaiken parvai is slowly opening ;)

I can't stand or sit Arya..how did you watch him?

btw, Madras is celebrating birthday week NOW..

Sriram JP said...

@KG
Y would I see Arya :)
so its 366 th year ?