Tuesday, August 17, 2010

~~Case of Phishing~~

I usually get mails posting links regarding usage of bank accounts and the need to verify the same, which will lead to phishing site which will ask for the account information. Normally I used to ignore those mails.

Today I got a mail like this

From: Citi
Reply-To: Citi
Subject: Reminder

This is a courtesy reminder that your Citi Card needs to be verified.
In order to continue using your card, click the link below, sign in
and and follow the provided steps:
http://online.citibanksr.com/US/?JPS/portal/Index.do

Regards,
Citibank

since I have a account in citibank I went to the website but had a slight doubt in my corner my mind,since I dont have a credit card why should I verify that.Normally in this case I used to give a junk user ID and password and check whats happening,here it accepted the corresponding password and went to next pageasking for my account information,I again entered some junk value there and pressed enter I got this message!

Complete
Your account is now verified.
Thank you for your cooperation!

We need to be alert while using internet!

No comments: