Sunday, August 8, 2010

~~Night life in NYC~~

This weekend I had the opportunity to host my friend Raj in my wonderful apartment. He was my first guest visiting my place and he was alarmed in seeing the size of the room compared to living life King size in rest of the US. Then he got a heart attack when I said the rent I m paying for the room. But that is Manhattan the costliest place to live in USA.



I had told to him to keep a night free for Newyork since night life is something worth seeing (or I need to see it). So Saturday night he came around 9pm, after having delicious aloo parathas we left to explore the city, first stop was empire state building I m not sure how many times I m going to climb that building in future. He was amazed by the crowd at that place at that time and scolded for wasting the time there.After an hour when we finally reached the top he was stunned by the view and told the time waited was really worth it.

After coming down we walked up till times square it was past 1 am and the streets were buzzing with activity.Finally after way past two when we had enough of partying we decided to come back home, waiting for the train in the subway and Raj was complaining about the heat , cleanliness of the city and alarmed to see rats freely running past the subways tracks.When the train came around 2:30am he was more frustrated to see the train fully crowded and having no place to sit.We reached home past three then thought it was the right time to call home and talked for a while and left around 4.

Night life in the city is something unique to this city and its real fun when you have good company!

2 comments:

Siva said...

what partying you did?

Sriram JP said...

will tell u in person :)