Wednesday, June 22, 2011

~~Meeting people~~

      I went to a conference on world economic outlook with one of my Chinese classmate. There were people from different countries. I met a women who said she is from Ireland, I asked her whether she is from Northern Ireland, quickly realizing where I am coming at she replied back we consider Rory Mcllroy as Irish. Indeed they must be proud of their countryman who broke number of records last weekend.
   Then I met a person from Sweden we talked about the wonderful companies that Sweden has given to the world and talked about how efficient they perform. My Chinese classmate found a person from her small home town in northern China , she was very happy to see and told me it was the first time she met a person from her home town . Yea world is a small place and much smaller when you are in New York city.
     

3 comments:

sheila said...

hmmmmm...that's strange!!...i also meet people from all over the world in SD :) It's a small world after all... :)

Sriram JP said...

Sheila
I m pretty much sure you wouldn't have met people from not more than 100 countries in SD :)
We have UN in NYC,I have met people from countries you never know by name ;)

Jhalil Pibran said...

சின்னசிறு உலகம் உருவாக காரணமாயிருந்த கிரகாம் பெல் வாழ்க!

தலைவர் சிங்கப்பூரிலிருந்து திரும்பிவருவதை முன்னிட்டு - ரஜினி ஜோக்:

கிரகாம் பெல் டெலிபோனைக் கண்டுபிடித்த போது, அவருக்கு ரஜினியிடமிருந்து இரு மிஸ்டு கால்கள் வந்திருப்பதைக் கண்டார்!