Sunday, June 5, 2011

~~Kumbhabhishekam at NYC temple~~

  New York Mahavallabha Ganapathy temple was renovated and the grand kumbhabhishekam was held today. The renovation was going on for sometime and the temple looks complete now. I joined Diana and Ganesh who started their journey early morning from Philly and me from my room. From flushing station we walked to the temple. The weather was perfect for a Sunday outing.



 At 11 am the kumbhabhishekam ceremony was performed and we were allowed to go in. There were more than 1000 people who had come from different places for this occasion and it was difficult to find a space to stand. We entered in the slow moving queue offered our prayers, then we moved to see the temple elephant and had good lunch prepared in the temple. We spent an hour more in the temple to get the final aarathi, Diana got me some snacks from the temple canteen and we walked our way back to the station.

PS:Sheila,since I dont have a camera I m using Di and G's picture :)

4 comments:

sheila said...

haha Sri :)
btw..."pillayaarappaa...nalla buthiya kodu nnu" vendikitiyaa?? :)

JP said...

இறைவன் படைத்த உலகையெல்லாம் மனிதன் ஆளுகிறான்....மனிதன் படைத்த சிலையில் எல்லாம் கடவுள் வாழுகிறான்!

Sripriya said...

Yes, Uncle, both the events are potentially inclusive!

Sriram JP said...

Sheila
I requested pillayaar to give my buthi to all the ppl in the world :)