Wednesday, June 1, 2011

~~Book I read~~

      When Sheila asked me a book to read I told her to read Shantaram, a book I really enjoyed reading long time back. This is a novel partially based on the real life incidents of Gregory Roberts, a criminal who escaped from Australian prison comes to India on a false passport and went on to live there for more than a decade.


  I have  a British whom I met in the subway reading this book and he was asking me questions about India and verifying the stuffs he read about India in the book. It tells the story about Indians from a foreign perspective. There are funny incidents like the bear hugs and driver Prabhakar's experiences, touching stuffs on how mismanaged the Indian slums are and how the people manage their day to day life. It also deals with the Mumbai mafia and lets us know how things work there.


2 comments:

sheila said...

thx to me you got a blog post today :)

Sriram JP said...

hehe :)