Sunday, September 20, 2009

~~Spl Saturday~~

One good thing being with your grand parents is number of festivals you get to celebrate which in turn gives an opportunity to get good food. Many time those are the occasions which I would have never heard of and this is not a complaint from my end as long as I relish getting good food.

Something similar happened yesterday when I woke up in the morning, there was a buzz going on in the kitchen and grandma was busy making lots of dishes.I tried thinking what's the occasion with Diwali month's away and Saraswati pooja week's away nothing striked my mind.Then I asked my grandma whats it for ,she said its Purattasi Sani and its ritual to do pooja every yearfor that. Ooooh thank GOD beacuse of You we have been graced with good food.

I tried helping her our by arranging the items to perform the pooja by putting items she prepared in plantain leaf.Sweet Pongal,Ven Pongal,curd rice,vada side dishes etc were layed out in my crative style. Once the formalities were over we had good Brunch.


Long live grandma! Long live Tamil rituals!

No comments: