Thursday, September 2, 2010

~~Last weekend ~~

Sometimes spending time with best buddies will give you more satisfaction than visiting tourist spots. Last weekend when Haran picked me up he said lets drive to Madison the next day. To go to Madison we had to get up early but since we went to bed late, Haran changed the plan and said lets goto lake Geneva which is some two hours drive.

Next morning when I woke up Haran said you cook today! one thing staying with best friends is that they know our well kept secrets, I have never boasted about my cooking expertise to anyone. And after coming to US the maximum cooking I have did was heating the milk or food in microwave for one minute.Since I had no other options here I prepared my trademark tomato rice ,something which I inherited from my mum .Once we were done eating we left for little shopping and by the time we were done with it we found its too late to goto lake Geneva and settled to visit highland park nearby. After chating there for a while Haran took a drive through peaceful sub-urb which was filled with million dollar houses on either side.After that we took a walk in the beautiful pathway in near his house.

Next day we planned we should goto downtown by noon after having lunch at Vaishnavi's place.Vaishnavi is my school friend who is currently doing her Phd.Her mum was in the city which gave us the added incentive to go to her house.We reached around 11 30 ,had a delicious lunch prepared by her mum and then started talking.The conversation was interesting and time flew away.When we were done talking we found time was past 6pm and we had to drop the downtown plan. After some shopping he dropped me back at Sivaram's house.

When I was chating with Haran today I was saying that we didnt take any pictures over the weekend expect for two solo snaps in highland park. He asked me to do some photoshop and make it more interesting. What I did here was I picked a two solo pictures of both of us taken 6 years back in the train and combined with the pics taken last weekend.



Though I cant find any difference in my picture apart from the missing moushtache US has made Haran look smarter compared to the innocent looking college lad six years before.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i want the set of pics which you have..
when can we meet!!!

sheila said...

are u wearing the same shirt from 6 years ago??:))
i'm nostalgically missing your mum's trademark tomato rice :(

Sriram JP said...

@Haran
if possible come directly from office today evening!

@Sheila
hehe there is slight difference you can see a green stripe in the latest one!
btb will make tomato rice for u when I come to SD :)