Tuesday, September 7, 2010

~~Experience in the sand dunes at TC~~



Today Sivaram woke me at midnight 4 30 and asked me to get ready for the airport, I wrote this in the airport two hours before my flight schedule.

Sleepig bear dunes is one of the major tourist attractions in the Traverse city. There are steep sand dunes near the beach and inorder to get to the beach one had to run down 450 feet of steep dune. The day we went was with a crazy weather with wind blowing at 45 miles/hour. Given the sandy beach conditions we were literally sand blasted.Within few seconds we had sand all over the body. Riya and Suji ran back to the car but Sivaram and me decided to climb down dune to the beach.Walking down the dune is always easy and fun,being steeper made our jobs easy.After climbing few hundred feet getting bored I told Sivaram I m going to take a run down. The first few steps down was really exciting after that I found myself accelerating within minutes I was running at a speed giving competition to all 100m dashers.Soon I felt flying and couldn't control myself and fell face down rolling another 10 feet down.When I saw Sivaram I could sense that I had travelled down more than 100 feet within 10 seconds. Sivaram decided not to take any risk futher asked me to come up,now I started the climing up,giving the texture of the sand its steepness journey up was a herculean task.When I reached where Sivaram was sitting I was gasping for breath.Then we started our journey up,the higher we went more the impact of wind which was beating us down at every step we take up.We stopped three more times to catch our breath before we reached the top.



It was a wonderful adventure running down the steep dunes and then walking up back.

6 comments:

sheila said...

it's always FUN going down sand dunes....if u don't have to climb up again :)
you reminded me of the sand dunes at death valley..

Sripriya said...

hmmmm, looks like u both did a himalaya sathanai.(the pictures says,not me!)

Siva said...

Sri, put that video i took of you struggling to come up!

Sriram JP said...

@Priya
Himalaya sadanai aa this was failure we aborted the mission in the middle

@Siva
adu 108 mb irruku will ck a way to upload!

JP said...

மலையேறுதல் - க்கு வேறு அர்த்தம் இருக்கு தெரியுமா?

Siva said...

chitapps,

malai yerurathukku pala meanings irukku.. neenga etha solreenga>?