Tuesday, March 16, 2010

~~My quest into Strength of Materials~~

Being Ugadi half the offices in the city were closed but we worked sincerely. One good thing was I reached home early since there was comparatively less traffic. When I thought I could spend more time in my PC maybe catch a movie or something I saw my uncle seriously searching for something in the net. I asked him what he's looking for he asked me do you C Channel. I know about V channel but this was something new.



I asked him where it is used he started a funda saying that the bottom of two tyres of the truck are connected by a C channel and he needs to find the maximum force which that C channel can with stand. Then he said Computer science Engineering students would have studied Strength of Materials so its natural you haven't heard of. It was insult to a software engineering community who will never agree that they haven't heard of anything.

I said I will get the formula for him and first tried the basic software engineer's formula, searched it in google. But google's search engine usually gives a generalised result and gave me options on where I can buy C channels and there was one which advertised C Channel bearing maximum possible weight. Since the search was going no where I searched for engineering books and downloaded two PDF books and found the formula, which I didn't understand a thing.But as usual I have proven my expertise finding and getting stuff.

No comments: