Monday, March 15, 2010

~~Book I read~~

There will be treasures hidden inside the pile of garbage, same is true for books,last week I was driving via Egmore when a grand discount Sale board for books caught my eyes. I stopped and went inside ,there was a big pile was books and whatever we pick was 50 bucks. There were lots of books most of which of can be used to get good sleep once we read two or three pages and then use it as a pillow. I took two books keeping in mind that only when I finish those two I will get anyother book.



The book I read first was "A Golden Age" written by Tahmima Anam a Bangladeshi author and it was her debut novel. A golden age for a country is the time when it free from the clutches of foreign power and identifies itself individual country. A time where all her people are united with one goal one aim and one struggle. The youngster who drive the revolution from unknown parts of the country using some innovative techniques with little resources they have.

Golden Age wonderfully depicts a story of a woman who decides to settle in Dhaka after her husbands death,she is not interested to goto Pakistan where her sisters live but continues to live there and raise her children. Story goes on how her two children are affected by the events taking place in the country and joining the freedom struggle.How much efforts she had to make from her end to prove her loyalty to the place she lived. A good novel with touches our heart at many places also gives a Bangladeshi prospective of their freedom struggle and not just a Indo Pak war.

PS: I did check the price at flipkart later and was feeling lucky at the price I got it.

No comments: