Monday, December 28, 2009

~~Trip Prelude:Getting Leather Jacket~~

When we planned for the trip to mystique land ,KG warned me about the freezing temperatures prevailing there and asked me to purchase warm clothes.

I asked KG where can I get good leather jacket (even through being Buffalo skinned the climatic conditions asked for yak skin) he suggested Indian Silk house,one of the traditional shops in mount road. We reached the place after an awesome ride in my bike in the Chennai traffic frightening KG by cutting in between cars and buses.

Once inside the shop ,the shop keeper recognised KG immediately and was so happy that he keeps on bringing VIP customers.KG was in form quickly , told shopkeeper that I m going immediately to USA and I m in desperate need winter clothing.

The shopkeeper was an old and wonderful fellow. He showed me black jacket and gave an explanation as follows 'This is called as jacket, this has two pockets if you feel cold you can put the hand inside the pockets, this is called as hood you can use this to cover your head and ears(maybe frighten Swathi). This is zip it can be used to close the jacket you have to pull it straight up.These are buttons you just have to press them'.If you walk on the road and snow falls on it just push it, see no snow goes inside the jacket.Wow he was telling this in a very serious tone and it was the first time I m hearing 'How to use manual in a cloth shop.

He didn't stop with jacket alone he started giving instructions for thermals, this the top you have to wear on bare body then wear your shirt, this is the bottom wear it after wearing you underwear(as if I m going to try the spider man style).Then he took a cap,'this is called as cap this is used to cover the head when you pull further down it becomes monkey cap'.

We got a piece of thermals each which we wore for most of the trip and a leather jacket which when worn showed no difference between me and the yak.But jokes apart these were the two stuffs which protected me from the freezing climate!

4 comments:

SATHIYA said...

Funny and good, I am getting warmed up for the adventures trip blogs.

KG said...

I was literally laffing loud reading this. esp...no difference between me and yak...and the way you bootifully described wearing thermal.

Lucky...he's not selling woolen condom :)

Sriram JP said...

@Sathi
dont warmup too fast :),wait a week or two for adventure trip blogs!!!

Sriram JP said...

@KG
hey I just copy pasted the sentences as told by our shop keeper :)
next time we will ask him whether he sells WC ;)