Thursday, July 8, 2010

~~What a relief~~

From the day I remember I was made to wear formal dress from school to college till the company I worked for. Given the hot climate in India that kind of attire is more than a curse,the time spent wearing it,ironing the stuffs and finally if wear it and goes out within few mintues the body will get drenched in sweat.I never knew whom did I please wearing those kinds of dresses or even the people who formed those rules would have never known why they keeping those.

The day one of the orientation I choose to wear formals and from there on I m in (my)formals.Just grabbing a shorts and a t shirt in the morning getting ready within minutes.Also its really really comfortable in this hot weather. Cant imagine wearing that kind of attire to my college or my company.Only problem I have is that I have a large collection of formals which I have pushed to the bottom of the shelves,never know when I m going to use them.

12 comments:

Sundar said...

You might not use your Indian formals at all :) While in school you don't need them. When you start working, if you wear Indian formals you will look like an alien :))

Sriram JP said...

you should have told this to mum before itself,dont know what I m going to do with the new stuffs she got me!

KG said...

Right Sri..Sundu why you didn't told him before?

JP said...

Sundu forgot to tell these

COLOUR CODES OF DRESS also


Ø Blue- I’m free

Ø Green- I’m waiting

Ø Orange- going to propose

Ø Pink- accepted just now!!!

Ø Black- proposal rejected

Ø White- already booked

Ø Yellow- broke up!!!

Ø Gray- not interested…

Ø Red- leave me

Sundar said...

@Sri
The problem is only in the US. Don't worry you can wear them when you work in Africa :)

@KG
I haven't told him many other things...he was so focussed on getting "Kili Pidikum" advice and never talked about dress codes.

@JP
Violet: I am married and can't do anything about it :)

Sriram JP said...

@Sundu
Its not too late , I will keep a note of this dress code in the future :))

KG said...

@Sri

Do you know what it means if "dress not worn" :)

Sripriya said...

@ JP,
Are the codes applicable for men, right?

JP said...

@ KG

That's called Nirvanam, Moktsham or Mukthi

Would U like to try.....

KG said...

@JP

hahaha...No Thanks..Not yet reached that staGe :)

KG said...

@Priya,

It's applicable for both Men and Women and used widely during Valentines day :))

JP said...

@ Priya

Dress colour codes applicable for men & women in India may be known to you..different colours for different occassions.. nowadays women dress contains all colours!!

Let's close this topic otherwise
KG may ask meanings of 'colourless, skin colour, etc '