Wednesday, July 28, 2010

~~Economics and ways of learning it~~

Macro and micro economics are the two subjects which I m taking this semester,since I m one of the few not coming from a economics background few things takes time understand apply practically.My professor used to say learning economics is like learning a new language and practice makes it perfect.So one way of learning is by group study which will be funny where we discuss everything other than economics.Other thing is to read books which I never bothered to buy, considering 200$ for a book is way out of my league that too when I am not going to use the book after this semester.

To make learning more interesting I searched for stuff in Internet. There were lots of pdf's making my job easier and giving information more than what I required. Then I stumbled upon this site,an online video tutorial.It covers most of the syllabus for this semester and makes learning fun.At least never makes me feel sleepy ;)

Had my micro economics and macro economics exam back to back,hope the professor understands what I have written :)

2 comments:

Sundar said...

Hey Sri, in the Univ book store you can buy 2nd hand book for less than teh original price. And, you can sell it back to them after the sem is over. Not all books may be available like this.

Sriram JP said...

Sundu
Our suggested book is written by Paul Krugman which costs 200$ and second hand book costs around 100$.
So I m better off reading it from library and internet