Tuesday, July 13, 2010

~~Rain in the City~~

Today I got the following mail in my university ID

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED AN

URBAN FLOOD ADVISORY FOR MINOR FLOODING OF POOR DRAINAGE AREAS
IN NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...
UNTIL 230 PM EDT.

AT 1125 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED
THAT HEAVY RAIN WAS FAST APPROACHING THE ADVISORY AREA. ONE TO TWO
INCHES OF RAINFALL IS POSSIBLE...WITH SOME LOCALLY HEAVIER AMOUNTS
IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS.

EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM THIS STORM WILL CAUSE FLOODING OF URBAN
AREAS...HIGHWAYS...STREETS AND UNDERPASSES AS WELL AS OTHER DRAINAGE
AREAS AND LOW LYING SPOTS.

As per the perdiction it started pouring out here and its a huge relief from the heat wave we were experiencing from the time I reached USA.Since I read the mail only after reaching the university I left my umbrella in the room,so have to wait till the rain recedes and then leave this place.Because of the rain I couldn't manage go out for lunch and had to be contended with eating Salad(4$ Ouch) in our building cafeteria.

Edit: I installed weather bug in my PC and it cautioned rain with thunder and I took my umbrealla but it didnt rain! It will only rain when I dont take one :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Install weather bug on your laptop.