Saturday, October 31, 2009

~~Shopping for my mum~~

Last week when my mum was here she complained that I haven't got anything for her from Chennai till this year.Before even I was about to give my justification she listed out things which I should for her when I go home.List was like she had some dupattas in few colors for all those she needed matching Chudidars. Hmmmmm...I going asking my mum to get a matching shirt for my hanky next time.She further added my dad has got her a Chudidar last week indirectly mentioning I had to get more than that to beat him on count.

When I was in Cochin weekend means going to some tourist place or going for shopping.And in a world where most of the items for meant for ladies I used to get some random stuffs.My failure to find a proper mallu kutti also added to mum's favour.She became sole user of whatever stuffs I used to get.Things changed when I came to Chennai. As the city is filled with friends and relatives weekends were spent visiting these people. So mum's dress flow dried up for the past one year.

Friday I read in news that a new mall 'Skywalk' has been opened near our locality.A place recently opened means it will have all new collections.New collections means I can get the right size which will fit for my mum. Getting stuffs for my mum was a cakewalk affair.I had to follow a simple elimination procedure, look for her size 90% of the dress collection can be rejected.Then in the remaining 10% look for the color she told other colors can be rejected.Only handful remained, put inky pinky ponky and choose three from it.When I was about to bill I remembered there is another poor fellow in my house and I got a T shirt for my dad.

I m going to Trichy tonight to give all those stuffs I have got for them :)

2 comments: