Thursday, October 15, 2009

~~Diwali Rush~~

One of my friend commented that the population of Chennai should be counted only on the diwali day when most of the floating population will be in their hometown.When one plans to celebrate diwali he has to plan parallely on how to goto hometown. Train tickets getting booked within minutes of opening and bus tickets priced two or three times the original price.Its frustrating experience which I never had when I was in Kerala.

Apart from this last two days journey back home was looking like almost endless ,all vechicles in the city where on the road looking for space to move forward which wasnt there.It took more than 2 1/2 hours to reach home. When a passenger like me gets annoyed by this traffic I was imagining the fate of the drivers.

Then there is shopping which can be horrifying experience where you have to beat the crowd to get the right choice. Even if we get the right fit billing and delivery will take hours and by the time you get the stuff you asked for you will be drained.


As far as I m concerned I
-->didnt book ticket to goto my home town ,but rather booked tickets for my parents to come here.
-->didn't go for shopping rather outsourced it my nears and dears


Having said that I tried booking tickets for pongal next year(which got opened today) within 10 minutes of opening I booked the ticket but ended up getting waiting list 76!

No comments: