Sunday, October 11, 2009

~~Marriage at Tenkasi~~

There were many things I should write about my trip to Tenkasi ,an important itinerary in the trip was to attend Banu's marriage.Since Banu is back from her honeymoon I don't want to delay this posting to such an extent that her kid reads it.

Since marriage was on a late Sunday morning we had plenty of time to get ourselves ready. As usual Raj was gearing up for the occasion he choose to wear a shining silver dress which can be noticed by a person a mile away.Another good thing about Banu was she had booked good rooms for us and also arranged cabs which will take us to the marriage hall which was located in a beautiful country side far away from the city.

Once we were in the marriage hall,we were searching for people we know.Apart from our gang, six of my former team mates planned to attend the marriage.Since we told them the route on how to reach the hall, their journey was delayed by half an hour. Once they were in, Karthick(my former onsite coordinator) asked what gift did you get. Gift???? We spontaneously replied that 'we thought you will get the gift'. We were ten of us and it will surely be embarrassing to go stage empty handed and wish the couple.And my team mates were on the verge of killing me.

To solve this sticky situation I started looking around for people I know , there was Ezhil, Banu's hostel mate and wow she had some three gifts in her hand.I went to her asked about the other gifts,she said it was given by few friends from Cochin who couldn't make it for the marriage.I said it will be difficult for her to carry all the three gift and offered my help to carry those ,which she gladly agreed.

And about the marriage,since Banu's dad was a school HM he had organised a series of lectures which I was trying to translate in a funny way to friend a who didn't know tamil,thank God no one kicked me out of the hall for that.Marriage was a simple affair which got over when the couples signed the register.Then we proudly carried not one but two gifts and presented it to the couple on stage. After that only we could eat our lunch which total satisfaction.

PS: Should ask Banu what was inside the gift which we gave.

No comments: