Saturday, October 17, 2009

~~Diwali Day~~

One holiday in which we cant sleep till late morning in India is Diwali, from morning 4 o clock we can hear crackers bursting our ears. And even if we try hard to get some sleep we end up getting nightmares. Apart from this morning starting trouble I like everything else about this festival.

Today morning I woke up when my eardrums can take it no longer. Once I freshened up and went to kitchen to see my grandma, her pet street cat Chinni was sitting frighteningly quite besides her. Myself and Chinni have a hostile relationship and it always maintains a 10 feet distance from me or rather run out of sight after seeing me. Today it had look which conveyed the message 'Sriram ,please dont chase me out,I will never interfere in your life for the next one year'.

After that I went to my uncles house. His little kids were also terrified by the war like situation existing in the area,so we took some precautionary measure by taking turns to close their ears .But my cousins wanted to add their contribution to the sound pollution and we literally burnt money within 30 mins.Apart from that lots of sweets and snacks went inside my stomach which is now looking like garbage disposal plant.

It is good to be back in touch with lots of friends and relatives after a long time.
All in all a great day !

4 comments:

Kris Nayak said...

was the 'garbage bin' comparison limited to looks- or even the smell? :D

Sriram JP said...

haha didnt try to smell it :)

KG said...

Missing all Diwali's Razzmatazz. Shall we trade places, for next Diwali

Sriram JP said...

sure I will come there during Ramzan !!!