Monday, November 29, 2010

~~Yummy Vadais~~

When we were in Atlanta we went to Cherians a big Indian super market, when we came to the fresh vegetable section my mami asked me tell me what do like the most I will make it for you. I looked around the shop saw the usual veggies which are available in NYC then something pink and unique caught my eye and I said I need vazhaipoo vadai.Though Mami havent tried that before,inorder not to disappoint me told me that she would call India learn the recipe and make it for me.




So today morning after cleaning up the vazhai poo mami made delicious and hot vadais I lost count on how many I ate,she even packed more than a dozen which I brought back to NYC.

14 comments:

sheila said...

u r spoiled rotten to the core :) did u atleast make an attempt to help Usha with cleaning the vaazhaipoo??

btw...inga vandhu ippadi demand panra velai ellaam vachukaathey :)

Sriram JP said...

yeayea I took a clean vaazhaipoo from the grocery shop :)
See I m going to celebrate Christmas,New Year and Pongal in SD so I expect special feast for each one of them :))

sheila said...

hey sri...aasai padalaam...peraasai pada koodaathu :)

btw...i'm expecting to taste your nalabaaham skills :)

KG said...

LOL @ Sri for taking clean valaipoo from shop

And Sri, as said by someone in wave long back, expect Punnaku in SD :)

Sripriya said...

பேராசை பெருநஷ்டம்!

Sriram JP said...

@Sheila
Nalan can cook only if gets feeded properly :)

@KG
atleast I know Sheila dont eat punnaku!

@Sripriya
another way to make me come to Boston is to prepare good food :)

Ambudu said...

yeah we know too that Sheila doesnt eat punnaku.. its for YOU :)

KG said...

Siva,
If i remember we told to Sri that time itself :)

SATHIYA said...

Interesting, looking fwd for all the blog in December and Jan already!!!!

Btw Sri, even if you pick the clean Vaazhaipoo, you need to spend lot more time to get the clean stuff otherwise it will be too bitter!!!!! - Experience talks!

sheila said...

I heard sri is an expert at picking apart a vaazhaipoo clean!

Sriram JP said...

@Sathi
I m also waiting to post pictures of delicious food prepared by Sheila :)

@Sheila
yea will clean vaazhaipoo if u r ready to make vadai :)

sheila said...

sure sri...provided u bring me a vaazhaipoo from NYC :)

KG said...

haha...you guys ate redefining the moments.

from BYOB to BYOV..:)

Sriram JP said...

BYOB to BYOV ?