Sunday, August 23, 2009

~~Vinayaka Chaturthi special~~

Its Vinayaka Chathurthi time once again ,this is one festival I look forward to, just for a simple fact Kozhukattai is one of my favourite dish. Kozhukattai according to me comes in one of the top inventions of mankind. I used to admire the art of making it making pooram separately and maavu separately then making cups out of maavu ,filling pooram inside it and closing it with a perfect style.If you have enough resources an assembly line can be formed making this preparation a lot easier.

I remember last year when my roomate and I tried to make kozhukattai which ended in a disaster . So this year I wanted to learn to make it properly.My cousins ,aunt and I were involved in the process and grandma was acting like a quality analyst checking everything had come in proper shapes and sizes.When you have team the making seems a lot easier and we finished the thing less than an hour. After offering prayers to Vinayaka, we relished kozhukattai s of different varieties sweet,hot,plain etc.

Happy Vinayaka Chaturthi !!!



No comments: