Sunday, October 16, 2011

~~Walk across the George Washington Bridge~~

  George Washington Bridge is a 1 mile long connecting New Jersey and New York. This was the bridge through which I enter New York city. The bridge has an 8 lane traffic on upper level and a 6 lane on lower level. Apart from that there is small path way for bicycles and pedestrians. When I was doing my summer internship I used to travel via this bridge everyday and loved the view of the city from the bridge. I decided to take a walk on the pedestrian path once.



The bridge was around 2 mile from my place, there was a separate exit for the pedestrians which leads to the bridge, I took that and walk over to the bridge. I took some picture near the entrance and walked over to the middle. Since its a suspension bridge and given the packed 14 lane traffic there were vibrations and as I walked towards the middle of the bridge I could feel the effect of the wind. I tried once to look down at the river it was really scary and I never bothered to look down again and restricted myself to see the people taking a walk across the bridge. All in all it was great walk.

PS:Picture with higher resolution

4 comments:

sheila said...

Nice Sri...there's something fascinating about bridges and I luv walking across bridges although I don't remember crossing any bridge from one end to the other.
As a kid, I remember being fascinated by our famous Kolladam bridge and I luv the sound of trains crossing bridges

Sriram JP said...

Remember we crossed the hanging bridge in SD :)

sheila said...

yeah...i remember crossing many small bridges like that...but not looong bridges

Sundar said...

As a kid, while traveling in train towards Chidambaram, I will be eagerly waiting for the Kollidam bridge. Sad, that bridge is gone now!!

Sheil and I have crossed a suspension bridge over a dep canyon in Ottawa :))