Thursday, October 27, 2011

~~NY METS~~

  Today I went to a super market near my place. The place is called as METS fondly named after the New York baseball team METS. This team is in a poor form at present and is topic of jokes on all ads and newspapers. When I visited the shop today they celebrating the 25th anniversary of the team getting their world series title, with posters like "you belong to the city of 1986 METS", "no team has been loved like 1986 METS" etc. They were taking pride in their old glory.

One of the key matches was the game 6(even a movie was released based on that) they were playing against Boston red sox. With scores tied match went to extra innings and Sox scored 2 runs in the 10th, Mets were down to the final out and it seems even the digital board flashed Congrats Red Sox world series champions for few seconds. But then the impossible happened METS turned things around and won the match ,making one of the most thrilling comebacks of baseball history.



PS: Found the video clipping  just for Sundu  :)

EDIT:
Seems all game 6 are exciting, I got a call from my friend in Texas to talk about the game 6 which was being played today, he was thrilled as Texas Rangers were on the way to win their first world series as Cardinals were down to their final strike out. But from there things changed Cardinals equalized. In the extra innings Texas again took a two game lead and brought Cardinals to final strike out only to find themselves equalized by Cardinals again. And finally Cardinals finished a game with a home run breaking my friend's heart :)

4 comments:

sheila said...

i just watched the ending with a visiting Texan :)

SATHIYA said...

Best ever baseball game!!!! eventhough I didn't care for the outcome. :( I enjoyed game throughly!!! :)

Sriram JP said...

yea Sathi one of the best baseball games I have watched :)

Sundar said...

My namesake, our old friend from Dallas days (1991), Sundar, visited us yesterday and we watched the game. A classic games like this is the reason I luv baseball :))