Wednesday, January 19, 2011

~~Visit to Pasadena~~

    While I was in Los Angeles we took time to go to Pasadena a small town to the east of Los Angeles, this is the town famous for the rose bowl parade which happens on every new year.  When Swami Vivekananda visited Los Angles he stayed in Pasadena for more than a month, now they have converted that house into a small memorial.


At that time Sukirtha told me about an incident when Swami Vivekananda met Rockefeller. 

Rockefeller gave a large sum of money to Swami Vivekananda as donation which he quietly accepted it. Rockefeller waiting for a response asked Vivekananda "You should thank me". Vivekananda replied back saying that "It is for you to Thank me", meaning he is giving him the opportunity to do good things! For the detailed story see this link(Good Read!)





So for the people helping me in giving pocket money and getting other stuffs thank me for the opportunity I am giving you for doing good things :))

3 comments:

sheila said...

thank you Sri for giving us the opportunity to do good for others :))

eagerly waiting for you also to feel thankful about doing good for others :))

Sundar said...

@Sri
Waiting for the time when you will thank me :) :)

KG said...

oooh Sri you cracked me up..."Nadathuma Nadathu" ;)))