Monday, January 17, 2011

~~Outing today~~

Since my cook's food will come only next Saturday and I cant survive on Sheila's Puliyodarai till then ,I went to Jackson Heights today. It was awesome to go out with temperature around 22F(-6c) .So I checked for other events happening around that place. There was the museum of moving image which got opened recently after renovation ,allowing visitors for free just for that day.

When I reached the place the museum was crowded and had to wait few minutes in the line to get in.After 20 minutes of people watching in the wonderful weather outside I went in. The museum had artifacts from the production houses sets made in the studio,makeup styles,moldings apart from pictures of various artists from 50s. In another level they had latest technology which is being used where we had 3-d motion picture where the the motion in the screen is captured with respect to the movement of the viewer.Then there were bioscopes where we had to rotate on our own and see the movie,it was funny to see a Charlie Chaplin movie in that. There was another section on how we can make our own animation movie which was quite interesting after spending 3 hours there I left for shopping.

 There was a throwaway sale going on near the place there I got a winter coat at bargain price and then went to Indian grocery store and  stacked up food which might come more for than 2 weeks. Now I m all set to go to college!

1 comment:

sheila said...

your bargain price winter coat will come in handy during your AWESOME weather :)