Tuesday, January 11, 2011

~~Journey to Los Angeles~~

I always believe that the the journey is more important than the destination.Trip to Los Angeles started with an awesome train journey from San Diego. Pacific Surfliner is the train service one needs to take from San Diego to  reach Los Angeles.The total journey takes two hours and 45 minutes. The awesome part of the journey is that the train travels along the pacific ocean for more than a hour. If we plan this journey on a clear evening like me, we can see the sun setting into Pacific ocean which is wonderful to watch from the moving train.Apart from the sun there are other scenic spots all along the route which makes the journey a treat to the eyes. In fact I had book in my hand but never bothered to read it as I was relishing the beauty of nature all the way.



Sukirtha one of our family friends hosted me in Los Angeles for three days. She picked me up from the Union station in Los Angeles and took to her home. She had prepared a delicious dinner which included murungakai sambhar,rasam, kathirikai curry along with crispy dosas which made me to take a long walk after dinner.

Will post about places I visited in LA later.

4 comments:

sheila said...

yup...that's beautiful coastal California!!! :)

Ambudu said...

why all the big cities have Union Station?

Asha said...

Wow...next time feel like taking this train

Sriram JP said...

@Ambudu
unakaga google search panninen, this was the answer! "Historically, a union station was used by all passenger trains serving the city."

@Asha
yupp do take a trip atleast in the coaster!