Monday, November 9, 2009

Book I read..

When I saw this book in landmark a sense nostalgia struck me. Train journeys are always the one I look forward right from my childhood days. This is a book about life in the towns whose names we have heard only by the station names.



Author travels across few major junctions in the country and writes the experiences.Like he gets down at major junctions like Itarsi,Jhansi,Shoranur etc. Explores the town life there interacts with the people visits the place of importance around. Author's sense of humour was felt throughout the book. It was interesting to know how railways had a major role in integrating the nation,providing jobs to thousands indirectly and indirectly and becoming part and parcel of millions of people in the country who use its everyday.

2 comments:

KG said...

hey..even i love to. i miss those days of travelling across breadth of country. each journey is an experience by itself.

Give me that book when i meet you in Dec

Sriram JP said...

sure will do that btb this is the author's blog http://bytheganges.blogspot.com/