Friday, June 12, 2009

Receiving my uncle at airport!

I started my day way too early,since my uncle and his family are flying down from US I went to airport to receive them. Flight was scheduled to arrive at 3 am,I woke around 2,hired a taxi reached airport within 20 minutes zooming in empty Chennai roads.

In the beginning of this year,when my uncle actually planning the trip,he called me once and said he had got a good deal, to and fro tickets cost ed him just 650$ each.This was just thrice the amount I paid for Chennai-Delhi trip. If I could get tickets at such rates, I could plan a trip around the world for my next vacation.

Now back in the airport airport I heard the announcement flight has arrived some 10 minutes past three. I waiting for their arrival 3:30..4...4:30 still there were no signs of them. Good I took a copy of Business today, but by this time I completed that also.Finally I saw my uncle with luggage just as the same size as the one I usually take home for the weekend. He said only they reached the destination correctly and their baggage was missed somewhere in between(hope its not sent to Africa).

Its been assured that the baggage will be delivered home with 48 hours. Lets hope so.

No comments: