Saturday, May 7, 2011

~~Where life has taken me-memories~~


Before I started this blog I had one before, below was my only blog post in that. I wrote this post 2 months into the job.


*****Where life has taken me*****
Few days back i watched a tamil movie titled kadhanayagan.
(starring Padiyarajan n SV Sekar,
if u have seen the movie you can understand this blog better).
Its about 2 people having dreams of gettin a good job,better life style.
They plan to goto Dubai but end up landing in cochin.
Wait a minute this is similar to what i am experiencing right now!!!
To say few similarities
1) I am right now working in cochin:-
When i got my job in IT field i was told there are wonderfrul opportunities to go differentcountries around the world to see different places but in the end i got an opportunity to work in a different state(kerala) in India,never in my wildest dream i thought i would end up here.
2)Professionalism???
In the movie our 2 heros thinking as if they were in dubai used wear formal dubai sheikh s dress but will be looking like a black sheep in the crowd.When i attended my training i was told to wear formals while working.
Ok i had noproblem with that one, till i was allocated to a project in govt office of kerala.That too it was my first project.When i entered the office on the first day i was in my formal attire, the first person i saw was wearing dhoti and he was looking at me as if i am salesman. I got similar stares with rest of the people working there.Soon after i changed to their way of dressing .(not that i wore a dhoti)
3) &&Languages Learnt&&
In the movie our heros would try to get aquinted with few arabic words so thatit will be helpful when they goto to dubai.When i attended my training i was taught French, the reason given was it will be useful wheni would go to France and work there.
Going to France!!!! who would say no??? I too showed interest in learning that languagemastered few sentences like 'comment allez vous'(how are you).
But now i think it would have been better if we would have taught malayalam.
Anyways i havemastered few sentences in that language
bus evada nikkunu(where bus will stop??)
gnyan oonu kazhinu(i ate food)
Atleast i should feel contended i was not posted to pondycherry as i had known little French.
4)$Etiquettes$
In the film heros will discuss how to behave in dubai like what to do and what not to do there.Coming back to my life when i attended my training i was taught how to speak in phone,send a mail etc but what impressed me most was dining etiquettes where they taught how to eat using a fork n knife.
Now days my breakfast is like
Idiappam and paaya or appam and kadalai curry
wondering how it would be ,to have these stuffs with fork and knife.
5)Respect I get here!!!!
In that movie the villians will have a mis conception that heros are working for CBI and they will dealt with due respect which is not at all needed for them.Working as a software engineer in kerala is something similar to that. If you are a software engineer in bangalore or chennai you will be lost in the crowd but its not the case here. So whenever you say that' I am software engineer 'to the local people you used to get royal respect.
*****************************************
But coming to reality there s one thing which has nt happened to me
which had happened to the hero in that film....
i think you should have guessed it by now, there was a beautiful heroine in the filmwho seemed to be waitin for the hero,encouraging him,helping him and in the end marryinghim
.May be i should come to a conclusion that it will happen only in movies!!!

3 comments:

sheila said...

Sri...that movie ended in 3 hours. Your life is still going on...
the girl is still out there somewhere waiting for the right moment to cross your path :)
wdn't it be nice to know what our life holds for us in 3 hours?? :)

btw...I really enjoyed reading your post :)

Sundar said...

Sri...NYC girls are very shy and conservative. Just like the heroes, if you had stayed in kerela, things would be different now ;)

I have seen this movie...thanks for reminding the scenes :))

Sriram JP said...

@Shiel
right moment thane paapom paapom :)

@Sundu
exactly :)