Friday, October 29, 2010

~~Dressing up for an event~~

Everyday when I goto college I just pick a t shirt on the top and wear the usual jean. So when a consulting firm called up for an informal interview I thought of dressing up formally. It took some fifteen minutes to get ready and goto college. When I reached college reaction was more than what I expected ,I lost lost count how many people turned their heads to look at me and there comments like "You are smart","You are looking handsome" etc.

After finishing my exams one of my classmates asked me "you have dressed up for the occasion, want to come to a place with me".When a girl asks me out how can I say no.It was for a networking event in a top equity research firm.One good thing about these events are we can get free food and drinks but main thing is to talk with people and see whether we like their job.Usually since my classes are at evening I never had time to attend such a kind of events but yesterday was different.

Once there I started talking with a director of one of the divisions ,she was in charge of the agriculture division and telling how she is everyday like from reading everyday news, weather accross and farm production and see how stock prices rise in those commodities.It was interesting to listen to their experiences. But only thing which we need to commit working there is to put 70 hours per week.

5 comments:

KG said...

"you have dressed up for the occasion, want to come to a place with me" and poor me, thinking, she is taking you to.."you guessed it"...

70 Hrs per Week....tell her you'll join if it is 7 Hrs per week..:))

KG said...

And Sri..why today everyone in self-praising mode. you are second person in 15 minutes telling this.

Just few minutes back only, one of my friend told me that she looks like 14 yr old girl :))

Sriram JP said...

haha I' m not self praising myself,in fact I m modest I just said 10% of what others told about me :)

sheila said...

che che sri...smart aa dress pannitu oru ponnoda pora edamaa athu?? i thought sumthing was finally cooking...romba disappointed :)

Ambudu said...

@Sheila,
ennatha cooking? Cook panni vacha kooda sri saapda maattan...