Monday, July 13, 2009

~~On screen keyboard~~

I got this forward sometime back

An On-Screen Keyboard in Windows.

In case your keyboard or some keys stop working, Microsoft provides you with an alternative way to type-in using the mouse. To work this tool, Go to: 'Start menu' Select: 'Run' Type in: 'OSK' Press: 'OK' A keyboard will be displayed on your monitor which you can use with your mouse. TRY IT YOURSELF


I never thought this forward will have a practical use and show me off as if i have done something great,last week one of my team mates called me to her desk with a tensed face mentioning her keyboard started printing few funny characters when keyed in.When I keyed in few numbers instead of numbers there were few special characters typed on the screen. Then the forward I read flashed in my mind I typed OSK in run prompt. Keyboard popped in the screen and instead of numbers it was replaced with french alphabets,my teammate has mistakenly enabled french keyboard and didnt know how to disable it. It took few minutes to change back to the original keyboard layout. When it was done she said "Sriram you are a Genius" ( God save the real genius :) )

No comments: