Tuesday, September 13, 2011

~~Balloon twisting~~


Whenever I used to go to central park there would be the balloon twisting person, who would make all sorts of creatures using a balloon. It is a treat to watch his crafty hands at work and within few minutes he would give us the animal we asked for. When Nithila was in Central park last month she asked for a flower with a rabbit to the  balloon guy, he twisted and turned the balloon gave one below to her in a short time.


  When I browsing through the net today I came across a free balloon training session taken by the famous 
Todd Neufeld, I thought let me give it a try.It was a free two hour session starting from 4 to 6pm near Penn Station. I looked at my clock time was past 3:30 ,if I leave immediately I would make it on time.So I sent an RSVP for the event , dressed up quickly, took the subway and was at the place by 4:10.There were around six or seven people waiting for the class to begin. Since I have the apt timing sense the class started as soon as I got in and sat on the chair.
  The first hour of the class was how to handle a balloon Todd was teaching about the different types of balloons, how much air we should have,how to bend a balloon and to break it. We have given some hand full of balloons to try it out. After learning some intrical stuffs about the balloons I started making my own stuffs with the balloon. First we were thought how to make sword then an aeroplane hat and finally a dog. Twisting and turning the balloon is easy to do but we need to make sure the sizes are right and pressure is optimum. below are the few stuffs I made my own.

The first is a hat,next is a hand gun and finally a rat!

5 comments:

sheila said...

looks like u'll be spending some time in Central park now!! :)

btw...i thot ur rat was a poodle...nice hat though :)

U can be the balloon maker at xmas party :)

SATHIYA said...

I love the tail of your RAT!!!

Good now you can try to impress kili's with your balloon skills.

Sundar said...

Awesome!!

Can you make Kili ;)

Sriram JP said...

@Sheila
was to make a dog but since my balloon was made the legs short,so changed to rat :)
I can be balloon maker but u have to get me all equipments!

@Sathya
oh yea one more skill added

@Sundu
kiliku kili thevai illai, they will be impressed by the dog or cat :)

Sundar said...

நீ எப்ப தான் தேற போறே - தெரியலை!!
நான் கிளி பண்ண சொன்னது, கிளிக்கு இல்லை.
உனக்குத்தான் ;)
நீ கிளி புடிப்பேன்னுடு எனக்கு நம்பிக்கை இல்லை.