Friday, February 19, 2010

~~My grandma's birthday~~

When I woke up and saw the daily sheet calendar, the date was 19th Feb, my grandma's birthday, I went to kitchen gave her a hug and wished her. Told her I had planned something for the evening and make herself available. She gladly accepted to come. Then I quickly got ready,packed my stuffs and left to catch my bus.

My grandma and Keerthi's mum share same birthday. On the way to office I called Keethi's mum.

ME:Hello aunty, Many more happy returns of the day!
KM: Thanks for wishing in advance!
(ooooops )
ME:Isn't your birthday falls on Feb 19th
KM:Yea correct but its Feb 18th today!
(OMG)

After few blushes I finished the call. Then I re winded what might happened that morning, my grandpa had torn an extra sheet in the daily sheet calendar and even my grandma thought it was 19th. When I reached home by evening the confusion was sorted out but as promised I took her out. We went to Madhar Sha ,spent more than an hour there and made her to select what she liked.When we came back home with three bags full.

All this happened yesterday!!!

Today morning I had repeated the same ritual as I did the previous day. Told her will take her out again and made sure not to cook anything for dinner. Evening took grandpa and grandma for dinner.Three of us to Bombay Halwa. During dinner I asked grandpa what did he get for his loving wife(!), he proudly said he did an archanai in the temple that morning.I asked what else, he told he had donated 1000 rs to an orphanage. I didn't want to pester him more as this was pretty much expected from him. I enjoyed the dinner but it was too much for both of them, they were almost full when they were done with starters and managed to have one fulka each for the main course. Such that starters were like main course to them and main course was like desserts.

Never again i will trust a daily sheet calendar , only with grandma I can make such kind mess and come out clean ;)



5 comments:

KG said...

haha...nice one :)

How old is your grand-ma?. Convey our "birthday wishes" to her :)

She's lucky to have you by her side otherwise her birthday would've gone un-noticed.

Meanwhile, don't you think thatha is over excited to celebrate his dear wife's day earlier. worth checking it out ;)

SATHIYA said...

B'day Wishes to Atthai

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Belated birthday wishes to ammai :)

Sriram JP said...

Wishes conveyed :))

Sriram JP said...

@KG
whomsoever's Bday grandpa has the same usual routine!