Sunday, April 26, 2009

Election rally near our place

I thought this year s election will never interfere me apart from the media which shouts about it everyday. Today morning I went to my uncles house near by,I saw party flags planted on both sides of the road.Worse ,there was a loudspeaker which was blasting tunes of latest Tamil movies songs expect for the lyrics which were manipulated to suit that political party. Few hours later there was few police bikes moving to and fro inspecting the ground situation.
Later I heard drumbeats firecrackers blasting around.Then I saw few people coming in bright shirts with their party symbols embossed in it. It was looking more like a circus carnival where these party people were dancing and running around ,the man who is supposed to be center of attraction(MP nominee) was standing like a joker waving hands at whatever direction he likes.
Myself and my uncle were standing in the balcony ,when they crossed our house somebody in the jeep pointed to the joker that we are looking at him,he automatically raised both his hands above his head (periya KUMBUDU)and was giving a sympathetic look to vote for him.Pity he doesn't know I am not eligible to vote in that constituency.
This is good time to be an Indian citizen ,once in a blue moon we will be respected.

No comments: