Friday, March 20, 2009

My trip to Delhi last week!

The first thing I noticed in Delhi was pink colour street dog roaming around,it took few seconds to realise the holi celebrations didn't spare the poor thing.Last week I was in the national capital to attend one of our family friend's marriage.It is my second visit to Delhi ,last time was five years ago in a hot summer. This time climate was rather pleasant.
Day 1
Reached Delhi by noon,from there directly left to Faridabad where our friend's reception was supposed to happen. It took more than two hours to travel 40kms as the traffic was pretty heavy.Seems all cars in the city were on the road.Surprise to know bridegroom has taken classes for me during my training days at my company.Reception was one of the best I have ever seen,felt my stomach is too small to eat all the food they have arranged for.

Day 2
Went back to Delhi followed the ordeal negotiating the Delhi traffic,by noon went around karol bagh where my dad bargained a chapel for 250 rs ,later found the same available for 150rs.My mum got a new salwar and lots of other items which I couldn't remember.

From there we went to Akshardham temple,built on over 300 acres of land ,with wonderful scriptures ,high ceiling,distinct domes,long pathways on the whole it was a marvel of architecture.It took more than five hours to see the whole temple,We enjoyed the spiritual movie,boat ride and fountain show.

Day3
When we were in Delhi a gang of around 40 people from Trichy where on spiritual tour to hariwar,rishikesh etc.They halted a day in Delhi on the way back home.We joined them for a one day tour around Delhi.

I saw all the places which I used to see in everyday news like Rastrapathi bhavan,parliament,Headquarters of Congress,BJP etc. We visited Gandhi memorial ,Indira Gandhi memorial and Tirumurthi bhavan(Nehru s memorial).Later in the day we went to Qutab Minar and Lotus temple.Lotus temple is well maintained we can just visit it for the flowers they have grown there.

There were lots of flowers with different colours and were unique among others.

Day4
My mum s longtime dream was to see Taj. We got up early in the morning left our room around 5:30. We had booked Panikar travels to take us to Agra.It was four hour journey we reached Agra.


Our first stop was at Agra fort,having seen the movie Jodha Akbar i could relate most of the locations I saw there.I got the real meaning of what is meant by living life King s size.From there we visited a marble workshop,got a Taj replica.After lunch we went to see Taj.

We entered Taj via the south gate,the first look at the beautiful structure left me speechless,I spent looking at every inch of the workmanship it took the build Taj.22 years more than 20000 people were used to build this amazing masterpiece.We took lot pictures from our camera ,a professional picture in lover s bench.We spent around 2 hours there.Still my mind is having the fresh memories of the Taj. After seeing Taj we went to Mathura, visited the birthday place of Krishna.From there we returned back to Delhi,as usual traffic made us mad took 5 hours to reach Delhi.

Day 5
We got up late ,since it was our final day in Delhi we reserved it for shopping.We went to Palika Bazaar(underground shopping market).I dont remember what and all we bought it was my mum who did all the shopping I was a mere spectator nodding the head top to down or left to right whenever she asked my opinion! After that we had lunch at pizza corner,then left to our room packed our stuffs head to airport. Reached Chennai by evening,the humidity in city was too much,which made me to sweat instantly.I started to wonder whether I could have stayed in Delhi itself!!

No comments: