Tuesday, June 1, 2010

~~Back to Trichy~~

Its almost one and half years I have worked in Chennai,thinking about there is one major thing I will be really missing.
Grandma's food:
Its something which money can't buy,my tongue will always scold me for moving out of Chennai whenever I find difficulty in getting food.Today afternoon my mother put some red color vastu on my place looking like halwa. I asked what is that,she replied it is tomato rice, it became like this since she added some extra water.When I took handful it tasted bland and for one second I thought my tongue lost its senses.Then she said I missed to add salt to it.I tried sprinkling some but it didn't get blend with the halwa rice, with great difficulty I finished my lunch.Ohh man thinking about the food I m going to get in future I will get nightmares tonight.

11 comments:

sheila said...

can't stop laughing sri...and I thought tomato rice was Mala's speciality!!! I even have her hand written recipe.. :))

Sriram JP said...

Since I have become a Danda soru I should have expected this treatment :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

ROTFL !! :D

KG said...

Yes..shiel..even i remember having tomato rice in terrace so many times..

haha..i agree with sri...perfect food for "thanda soru"...Sri - nalliku "pallaiya soru" than..

Sripriya said...

Looks like, U were not hungry , "Passi Russi Ariyathu......" .

Sriram JP said...

@Kg
if it goes to the extent of palaiya soru then I shd start cooking :)

Sriram JP said...

@Priya
Next time when you are hungry come to my house I will prepare the same stuff prepared by my mum, try tasting it then :)

KG said...

Hi...Priya...after looong time "cute" palamili...you back now?

SATHIYA said...

She preparing you for your trip, so that you won't miss the food after you leave Trichy!!!

Sripriya said...

KG,
leta vanthaalum, modified palamozhiyoda modernaa varuvenn

JP said...

@KG
Mala never feeds " thandasoru " -- only " thanda tomoto rice ! " Today's special " thanda pizza !! " Nalaikku "thanda ponda!"