Friday, May 21, 2010

~~Memories:My first project~~

After initial training period I saw myself in Trivandrum for my first project, I have already written a post on my first day experience long back. So here we were three guys a Bengali,a Oriya and me a Tamilian destined to work Kerala government project. We had a mallu girl in the team who used to take information is properly transferred.Last but not the least we had a wonderful boss who made us feel home!


( My wonderful room mates Amitava and Debba in Trivandrum)

To tell more about the office,it was a two floor building top two floor had office spaces and ground floor had shops ranging from bakery to saloon shop. After few days of official accommodation we were asked to look out for a house, I asked the tea shop guy for a house and he happily took us to a house in a lane hardly 50 meters away from the office. The owner stayed at ground floor and we were shown the top floor a two bedroom house with a rent when divided by three came to just 3 digit figures. The house had a wonderful balcony which gave a ideal place to chat around.Also the owner had a pomaranian dog which also become our friend for the months we stayed there.We accepted it and moved in the same day infact nothing much to take in expect our suitcases.


(Ashwin our first guest ,you can see our showcase which we tried to decorate)

Going to office those days was always a pleasure, at 9 o clock in the morning I would be the first person to reach office and by the time I leave office at 6 I(apart from my teammate) would be the last one to leave.After two months we bought a stove and few cooking utensils and started our cooking. Mostly in afternoons we used to come home have lunch have a short nap and then go to office. In the evenings we three of us used to talk about different subjects,being from different regions we would always pulling each other states and their people.

Nevertheless we got guests every month,my friends or their friends coming for a weekend to look around the places there. We always used to play good hosts taking them to kovalam beach to enjoy the scenary(!) around. From Cochin to Chennai to Calcutta people came to visit us.


( Yours truely at Kovalam)

But this honeymoon period didn't last long enough,there was a government change in Kerala soon enough and we had to wind up the project and move back. When asked for the best days in my company I would say surely it was these days in Trivandrum!

2 comments:

Subasree Sridharan said...

I remember few things about ur Trivandrum days.. u remember the server of a hotel was ur friend and he used to offer u ice cream during lunch time,when some one else who ordered for spl meals did not want to have ice cream..and also u moved well with ur watch man who was sad to bid farewell to u and came to send u off.These things just show ur ability to mingle with all kinds of ppl :)

and more than all that i came to know u during those days and u helped me to prepare for infy exam :)

ur orkut scrap count went from 3000 to 10000 during those 3 to four months :p

i would thank God for those days :):)

Sriram JP said...

haha I do remember the ice cream i used to get its not free but given as a gift for a loyal customer ;)
yea orkut was yet another time pass :)